Worship Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Stress

Stress...how many times have you heard that word just spoken today? How much would you say you have? How much would you say others have? Chances are you would say that you are more 'stressed out' than those around you, but may I offer some rebuttal to that statement? You are more than likely wrong.

For example, if you were to know me, you would probably say that I never have stress because I'm always in a great mood, I'm always willing to jump in and help, and that I'm the person to talk to if you need to get something off your chest. But upon closer inspection into my life, you would see that I have immense stress from family, school, and friends.

I don't like talking about myself, so but on topic... Stress is something that everyone undergoes. Everyday, we are all exposed to things that cause it and everyday, more and more people become depressed because of it. So what does God's Word say on the topic? One verse in particular sticks out in my mind.

Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."

In other words, instead of letting stress bog down our lives, we should lean on what He says and on His truth...and "the truth shall set you free!"

So why let stress, sin, and grief ruin your day, your life? Lean on God, He will lift your burden and your pain, He will bring the healing and the peace! Praise God that He loves us enough to care so much about us!

No comments:

Post a Comment